Over 100 swimmers and triathletes are expected on Sunday, June 25, for A Long Swim – Three Oaks, Crystal Lake. Registration begins at 6:00am, and the event begins at 7:00am. Attached is a map of the swim course, along with the following explanatory bullet points:
· The events will start at different times; the 2.4 mile swim will be at 7:00am, the 1.2 mile swim will start at 7:30am and the 1,500 meter swim will start at 7:40am.
· Our goal is to have 50 or fewer swimmers per starting wave; registrations may dictate that we split an event into multiple waves.
· We will utilize an in-water start in the location at the gate as indicated on the map.
· Swimmers will be logged onto the course as they cross the timing treadle on the beach, but the clock will only start when the horn sounds.
· The finish will be logged when the swimmers cross the timing treadle on the beach.
· All swims will be counterclockwise.
· As swimmers will swim multiple laps of the course, the beginning of each lap will be the original starting line.
· When swimmers have completed their required number of laps of the course, they will exit the course through the gate and swim to the finishing archway on the beach.
· All corner buoys will be kept to the swimmers’ left shoulders.
· There will be 10 lifeguards in kayaks around the course, and three motorboats also with safety personnel.
. We have a secured gear area for your peace of mind. #wegotyoucovered
Registration is encouraged on line for the lowest price plus the opportunity to fundraise for ALS to earn triathlon gear and wetsuits.
Fundraising/Donor opportunities are here: https://www.crowdrise.com/alongswim
Corporate sponsorship opportunities should be directed to Douglas McConnell.